St. Martin Land Company Scholarship Fund Guidelines
- Criteria for selection will include scholarship, character, community service, leadership, and the significance of the proposed education in achieving the applicant’s goals.
- Applicants must be a St. Martin Parish resident or student in a private or public school in St. Martin Parish and may be recommended by any currently employed teacher of a public or private secondary school system in St. Martin Parish, a St. Martin Land Company Board member or a Home Bank designee.
- Applicant must submit a statement of personal goals and explain how the intended education would address these goals.
- Scholarship Selection Committee may interview some applicants as part of the selection process.
- Awarded scholarships may be used at any established and accredited university, college, community college, or trade school of the recipients’ choice, with the approval of the Scholarship Selection Committee.
- Two new $2,500 stipends will be awarded annually. In addition, $2,500 scholarships may be awarded to previous recipients in their second, third or fourth years who reapply and qualify. The number and amount of the scholarships may be changed annually at the direction of the Chairman of the Committee.